magic logo lesson
Prior learning/place of lesson in scheme of work
input→on logo upto run code when the micro:bit screen is facing up and vertically orientated. We will be learning how to plot an image with the input logo up, basic plot image, and input logo down.
- learn how to display an image on the micro:bit's LED screen
- learn how to run code when the micro:bit screen is facing down and vertically orientated
- learn how to run code when the micro:bit screen is facing up and vertically orientated
Progression Pathways / Computational Thinking Framework
- Uses diagrams to express solutions.(AB)
- Uses logical reasoning to predict outputs, showing an awareness of inputs (AL)
- Represents solutions using a structured notation (AL) (AB)
- Can identify similarities and differences in situations and can use these to solve problems (pattern recognition)(GE)
Programming & Development
- Creates programs that implement algorithms to achieve given goals (AL)
Hardware & Processing
- Knows that computers collect data from various input devices, including sensors and application software (AB)
- Demonstrates responsible use of technologies and online services, and knows a range of ways to report concerns Understands how search engines rank search results (AL)
- Collects, organizes, and presents data and information in digital content (AB)
- Makes appropriate improvements to solutions based on feedback received, and can comment on the success of the solution (EV)
- Recognises the audience when designing and creating digital content (EV)
- Recognises ethical issues surrounding the application of information technology beyond school.
- time: 20 min.
- Extended Activity: challenges